The Michigan Community Credit Union MasterCard® debit card is one cool card, we have to admit. Every cardholder earns points with their purchases with Member Rewards by CO-OP! Click to see all the MasterCard benefits.
MasterCard® Debit Card – Using Credit vs. Debit
The next time you swipe your Michigan Community Credit Union Debit Card at a Point-of-Sale (POS) register, you will be asked if you prefer credit or debit. The following information will help you see why choosing credit may be to your advantage.
- For security, no PIN number is required – only a signature
- You may have the right to have disputed charges removed from your account
- Fund availability is based on your balance and overdraft sources
- Earm POINTS with Member Rewards by CO-OP
- With Advantage Checking, you may earn 2-3 more days in dividends because the funds are not withdrawn until the charge actually is received by the Credit Union
- Requires you to enter a PIN number
- No charge back rights on disputes
- Do NOT earn points with Member Rewards by CO-OP
- Fund availability is based only on your daily withdrawal limit and overdraft sources
- The amount of the transaction is debited from your Checking Account at the time of purchase
Choosing credit also means less merchant fees for your Credit Union, which translates into higher dividend rates and lower loan rates for all members. So, the next time you’re at check out, consider choosing credit when using your Michigan Community Credit Union Debit Card.
ATM Network Partnerships
In addition to partnerships with Cirrus, Magic Line and Quantum, Michigan Community Credit Union has also partnered with CO-OP Network to grant our members access to an abundance of surcharge-free ATMs. To locate a convenient surcharge-free CO-OP Network ATM near you, click here.